Frequently Asked Questions
What is Photolemur?
Photolemur is an absolutely automatic photo enhancer that uses Artificial Intelligence to apply all the enhancements your image needs, on its own. All you have to do is to import your image to the app, and the photo enhancer does everything else automatically from there.
- Where do I download the app?
Is there a free trial?
Yes, you can register for it here.
How long can I use a free version?
The free version can be used for as long as you want.
What is the difference between Photolemur free and the full version?
Photolemur free version can be used for an unlimited period of time with the following limitations:
- No batch processing
- Photolemur watermark added to processed images
- 1200px maximum long-edge size for exported photos
Can I download Photolemur on the App Store?
Yes, Photolemur is available on the App Store.
Is the App Store version the same?
It's basically the same. The only difference is that the App Store version can’t be used as a Lightroom plugin.
Can Photolemur be used on my phone or tablet?
Currently, Photolemur can be used on computers only.
Is Photolemur an app for Mac?
Photolemur is available both on Mac and Windows.
What is the difference between the Photolemur single and family license?
With a single license, you can activate Photolemur on one computer. The family license can be activated on up to 5 computers.
How do I activate it on 5 computers?
If you have a Photolemur family license and want to activate it on a second (3d, 4th, 5th) device you need to use the same license key and the same email address that you used during your first activation.
Is it a one-time payment?
Yes, you pay once and own it forever.
How do I activate Photolemur?
The first time you open Photolemur, you’ll need to choose 'Activate with the serial number' and enter your email address and the serial number.
Where do I find my serial number?
You'll receive an email with your serial number immediately after the purchase.
What if my serial number doesn't work?
Make sure you entered your serial number correctly without any spaces or other invisible symbols. If it says ‘Email not valid’ make sure you use the same email address that you used when you activated it for the first time.
If it still doesn’t work, email us at email@example.com
How do I use Photolemur?
To use Photolemur, simply drag and drop photo(s), or choose an image(s) using the ‘Import’ button. Then let the app complete the adjustments. After this is done, you can view the difference between the quality of the original image and Photolemur’s edit, using the special ‘before/after’ slider. To save the photo, simply click on the ‘Export’ button and choose any of the export options. Easy, isn’t it?
How to upload a photo into Photolemur?
You can upload your photo(s) using ‘Import’ button or by dragging your photo(s) directly into the Photolemur window.
How to save the edited photo in Photolemur?
To save the result of Photolemur’s work, simply click on ‘Export’ and choose ‘Disk’.
This will save the edited photo to your computer.
Does Photolemur support RAW files?
Yes, Photolemur supports RAW photos. To check the full list of supported cameras click here.
What are the system requirements for Photolemur?
Photolemur can be used on macOS 10.11 or higher and Windows 7 or higher(64-bit). Click here to check more.
What languages are supported?
Photolemur is available in English, Spanish, German, Italian, French and Japanese. More languages are coming soon.
Does Photolemur work as a Photos extension?
Yes. To use it as an extension, follow the steps:
1. Checkmark Photolemur in System Preferences > Extensions.
2. Open a photo in Photos and go to the editing screen by clicking the edit button.
3. Click on "Extensions" and choose Photolemur.
4. Photolemur will launch in extension mode. After the magic is done you can set the intensity of the adjustments using our opacity slider.
5. When you're satisfied with the result click on "Save Changes". The edited photo will automatically return to Photos.
What if Photolemur doesn't appear as an extension in System Preferences?
In order to fix this issue you need to follow these steps in the order listed:
1.Remove Photolemur with AppCleaner
2. Empty Trash
3. Reinstall it
4. Restart Mac.
Here are the crucial steps:
1. Don't launch Photolemur before restarting Mac.
2. When you restart your Mac make sure that "Reopen windows when logging back in" is not marked. This ensures that all previous errors are erased from memory.
3. After the restart, find Photolemur in the Applications folder, launch it from there, and if prompted - enter your Mac password.
4. Load some image into Photolemur and check Extensions after.
- Does Photolemur work as a Lightroom plugin?
Still have a question? Contact Support Team